The 2018 Gemboree was hosted by the Victoria LMS and held at the Sooke River Campground.
- Thursday – lunchtime onwards: set up
- Friday – am: visit to K2 Quarry outside Port Renfrew
- Friday – pm: gold panning on Loss Creek near Port Renfrew
- Friday – evening: flint knapping demonstration
- Friday – evening: Cowboy steak dinner
- Saturday – am: fossil and crystal hunting in a quarry near Jordan River
- Saturday – pm: beach rocks on Ella Beach
- Saturday – pm: rock identification “masterclass” by Sean Maier
- Saturday – evening: spontaneous pot-luck (courtesy of our up-island friends)
- Sunday – am: Pancake Breakfast
- Sunday – am: Island Zone meeting
- Sunday – am: Tailgate Sale
- Sunday – lunchtime: pack up
Our web server space is limited, so only low resolution photos are uploaded here. If you want to download full-resolution photos, please follow the full-resolution photo link for each event. If you have photos you would like to add to the albums, please send or share them to email@example.com and I’ll be happy to add them in. Photos with captions courtesy of Doug McLeod.
To download all the full-resolution photos in a gallery at once;
1. click on the “Select photos” button at the top right of the screen
2. click on “Select All” at the top left of the screen
3. click on the “Download” button at the top right of the screen
Allana Shillito (Gemboree Committee Chair):
Well, after one and a half years of planning, the VLMS pulled off a darn good Gemboree. We had approximately 60 adults and 9 children attend the 3-day affair at the Sooke River Campgrounds.