It is a curiosity that membership of the Victoria Lapidary and Mineral Society (VLMS) runs from January 1st to December 31st of the year, no matter which date you originally joined the club. As a result of this everyone’s membership is due for renewal.
I would like to send all the membership information to the BCLS in the 1st week of January, so please take the opportunity of renewing as soon as you can.
You can renew your membership by one of the following:
1. filling out this google form 2022 Victoria Lapidary and Mineral Society Membership Application
2. filling out a paper form at the Christmas Dinner
3. by printing this pdf 2022-VLMS-membership-Application-form.pdf and mailing it and a cheque to: VLMS Membership Secretary, 4711 Kasani PlaceVictoria, V9C 4C7
If you joined the club this year as a new member and paid fees for this year, those fees will be applied to next year’s membership and you do not need to pay again, however you do need to fill in the form for 2022 to indicate you wish to continue with the membership. This is a one-time special circumstance due to the Covid situation.
Payment can be made by one of the following:
1. e-transfer to email@example.com – use a security question where the answer is “membership” such as “what is this for?”
2. by cheque sent by mail or in person at the Christmas dinner
3. by cash in person at the Christmas dinner
Your membership fee to the Victoria Lapidary and Mineral Society (VLMS) includes a membership of the British Columbia Lapidary Society (BCLS), which in turn is a member of the Gem and Mineral Federation of Canada (the “GMFC” and the Outdoor Recreation Council (the “ORC”). As a member you are welcome to join their events, shows and field trips which you can find through the link above. Your fees also go to insurance coverage for participation in club meetings, field trips and events.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org